I'm on the most amazing journey..its
often times scary...sometimes frustrating but more than anything, joyful and exhilerating!

I call it my 'Life'!



Hello and Welcome to my Blog! If you enjoy a variety of art and creativity, then your in the right place. I am a freelance Artist, working with more traditional art forms such as watercolour, colour pencil, acrylics etc as well as creating Custom Art Dolls. I hope you enjoy your visit here and hope you visit often! I love to hear from people who love art in its many forms, so please feel free to leave comments!

XX Julie

Friday, May 17, 2013

Introducing the lovely Absynthe... a custom Skelita repaint!

Hi Everyone,

Just finished my latest girl... and so excited to finally try repainting a Skelita Calaveras in the Monster High range.  She has the most amazing body... a full on skeleton that is... and I loved shading it to give it more realism.  She is definitely not the easiest sculpt to paint. She has the biggest eyes I've seen on a doll and I toned the size down as much as I could (realistically) but they are still quite large. Check the before/after photo and you'll see how large they are in their original factory state.  Still, as hard as she was to paint... I do love a challenge and I think she turned out quite pretty and totally unique!  I know I could have repainted her in the Dia de Los Muertos style but I really wanted to give her a soft, sweet look... and her own unique personality. So I decided to paint her just like I would any other young lady... to look beautiful!  I'm so happy with her... I hope you will be too. Check her ebay link below if you would like to see more photos or interested in purchase.

Absynthe's Auction Link




Thanks for looking everyone!! Take care and talk again soon!
XXX  Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment